IIM-A to host meet of librarians
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
AHMEDABAD: IIM-A will host over 150 librarians from all major educational institutions of the country, experts and academicians at the national annual meet and workshop on "Electronic Resources Sharing" to be held on January 18-19 at its campus. Jointly organised by IIM-A and IIT-Gandhinagar, the participants will work out a future strategy for providing a seamless access to e-journals, e-books and other e-resources to boost research in India.
Tile manufacturers, diamantaires under I-T scanner
Ahmedabad: Income Tax officials Thursday launched an inter-state search and seizure operation covering 50 premises of some tile manufacturers and diamantaires across Gujarat, Mumbai and Kolkata, for tax evasion, an official said. The premises of some Morbi-based tile manufacturers and some leading diamond cutting units are being searched as part of this operation, sources said. Around 200 officials, including policemen, have been pressed into service, an I-T official said.
Special NCC camp in city
Ahmedabad: NCC started a national-level Advance Leadership Camp here Thursday. "The aim of the camp is to empower NCC cadets for assuming leadership roles, not only in Armed forces but in all walks of life," ADG, NCC Gujarat, Major General Dilawar Singh told the media.