IIM-Ahmedabad to host third edition of India Finance Conference
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) will play host to the third edition of the India Finance Conference (IFC) which is scheduled to be held between December 18-19. The conference is being organised jointly by IIM-A, IIM-Bangalore and IIM-Calcutta.
Nearly 100 academics, researchers, and practitioners from India and abroad are expected to present papers, during the event, stated a release from the institute here on Monday.
The inaugural address will be delivered by Professor Ravi Jagannathan, Professor of Finance, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. This would be followed by a keynote address on "Getting Better – Learning to Invest in an Emerging Stock Market" by Professor Tarun Ramadorai, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
The second day will have Professor Kose John, Professor of Banking and Finance, NYU Stern School of Business, New York University deliver the keynote address on the topic "Risk and Governance in Corporations and Banks".
The event includes technical sessions on Asset Pricing; Corporate Governance; Corporate Finance; Market Linkages; Market Microstructure Derivatives & Regulation.