IIM-Lucknow students bag over 550 job offers
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
IIM-Lucknow set a record in the just concluded campus placement drive with its batch of 453 students bagging over 500 job offers from more than 220 companies.
Among the reputed firms which visited the campus were Amazon, Accenture Management Consulting, Headstrong Consulting and Aditya Birla Group. Amazon made 13 offers, an IIM-Lucknow statement said.
Even in terms of stipend offered as compared to the last year's figures, IIM-Lucknow saw a near 20 per cent increase across all recruiters with the average stipend being close to Rs 50,000 per month for domestic locations, it said.
Consulting offers went up by over 21 per cent, coming from prestigious firms such as McKinsey and Company, The Boston Consulting Group, A T Kearney, Accenture Management Consulting, Deloitte US, PriceWaterhouseCoopers among others.
Marketing, however, continued to be the stronghold of IIM -Lucknow with 36 per cent of the offers coming from firms such as Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Procter and Gamble and Reckitt Benckiser.