IIM-Rohtak inks MoU with Kelly Biz School
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
Indian Institute of Management Rohtak and the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University signed a memorandum of understanding for academic collaboration on Wednesday. The partnership will be in the form of joint research and doctoral work, exchange programmes for both teachers and students, and joint academic structures for job executives as well as consultation on joint teaching material. The ceremony, which took place at the Constitution Club, was attended by Deepender Hooda, Congress MP from Rohtak, Ashok Thakur, Special Secretary, Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development and representatives from the two business schools.
Daniel Smith, Dean of the Kelly School of Business said, "This is a historic and special day for both business schools. What started as an idea emanating out of casual conversations has today come to fruition. The Kelly School of Business is ranked amongst the top 25 schools in the world in terms of research productivity and research impact. These will be our core areas of collaboration."
Representing the government, Thakur said, "The IIM at Rohtak is one of the new management institute's that have emerged out of the Governments priority on education. In the last five year plan, the education budget was increased nine fold. But the brand itself is nothing, the quality of education delivered matters. And the company you keep in terms of partnering with foreign business schools is important."
Hooda, whose hometown is Rohtak, is an alumnus of Kelley School of Business. "I am
glad I could help in whatever way I can," he said.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players