IIT Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce among cos to offer placements: IIT-M
- One year of AAP sarkar: Kejriwal announces cleaner water, better healthcare facilities
- JNU row: Meet the family of Kanhaiya who is a ‘danger to Mother India’
- Great as FM, reforms stopped after Manmohan Singh became PM: Jaitley
- Dial Kejriwal: Delhi Cabinet to take your calls today, 11 am onwards
- Sunanda Pushkar death probe: Tharoor questioned by Delhi Police for 5 hours
For the first time, a host of companies, including luxury car makers Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce and Toshiba Corporation would be among the new firms to offer placements to prospective students of IIT Madras.
Nearly 100 new companies, including Procter and Gamble, Walmart, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, MRF Tyres would participate in the placement activities, scheduled to begin tomorrow, a press release from IIT Madras said.
Other companies participating in the placement programme are Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ITC Ltd, Google India, Sony, Shell, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, IBM and Samsung Electronics, it said.
A total of 1,263 students would participate in the first phase of placement from December 1 to 22 while the second phase would begin from January 16, 2013, the release added.