IIT Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce among cos to offer placements: IIT-M
- PM Modi to visit US in June, may address a joint sitting of Congress
- Bombay High Court allows BCCI to hold May 1 IPL 2016 match in Pune
- Disrupt finances of drug-terror nexus: Jaitley tells UN General Assembly
- Uttarakhand High Court slams Centre: You are creating chaos, undermining govt
- Kashmir: ‘Peaceful’ north on the boil, may fan simmer in south
For the first time, a host of companies, including luxury car makers Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce and Toshiba Corporation would be among the new firms to offer placements to prospective students of IIT Madras.
Nearly 100 new companies, including Procter and Gamble, Walmart, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, MRF Tyres would participate in the placement activities, scheduled to begin tomorrow, a press release from IIT Madras said.
Other companies participating in the placement programme are Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ITC Ltd, Google India, Sony, Shell, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, IBM and Samsung Electronics, it said.
A total of 1,263 students would participate in the first phase of placement from December 1 to 22 while the second phase would begin from January 16, 2013, the release added.
- When Ambedkar was framing the Constitution, RSS reviled both him as well as his ideas
- It is unfortunate that courts have become arbiters of what constitutes true religion
- The Bastar tragedy, farce
- Centre is violating the basic provisions of the employment guarantee act
- A news channel gets a new name, but what changes on news TV?
- India should insist Pakistan arrest Masood Azhar under its own laws, in its own interests