IIT Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce among cos to offer placements: IIT-M
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
For the first time, a host of companies, including luxury car makers Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce and Toshiba Corporation would be among the new firms to offer placements to prospective students of IIT Madras.
Nearly 100 new companies, including Procter and Gamble, Walmart, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, MRF Tyres would participate in the placement activities, scheduled to begin tomorrow, a press release from IIT Madras said.
Other companies participating in the placement programme are Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ITC Ltd, Google India, Sony, Shell, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, IBM and Samsung Electronics, it said.
A total of 1,263 students would participate in the first phase of placement from December 1 to 22 while the second phase would begin from January 16, 2013, the release added.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might