IIT Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce among cos to offer placements: IIT-M
- One needs to be a good listener to become a good orator: PM Modi
- Migrant crisis: Father of drowned Syrian toddler returns to Kobani for burial
- IIT graduate who fled with Harley Davidson held in Mumbai
- Delhi HC allows permanent commission for women in Indian Navy
- Hindu group forces Muslim writer in Kerala to stop Ramayana column
For the first time, a host of companies, including luxury car makers Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce and Toshiba Corporation would be among the new firms to offer placements to prospective students of IIT Madras.
Nearly 100 new companies, including Procter and Gamble, Walmart, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, MRF Tyres would participate in the placement activities, scheduled to begin tomorrow, a press release from IIT Madras said.
Other companies participating in the placement programme are Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ITC Ltd, Google India, Sony, Shell, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, IBM and Samsung Electronics, it said.
A total of 1,263 students would participate in the first phase of placement from December 1 to 22 while the second phase would begin from January 16, 2013, the release added.