IIT Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce among cos to offer placements: IIT-M
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
For the first time, a host of companies, including luxury car makers Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce and Toshiba Corporation would be among the new firms to offer placements to prospective students of IIT Madras.
Nearly 100 new companies, including Procter and Gamble, Walmart, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, MRF Tyres would participate in the placement activities, scheduled to begin tomorrow, a press release from IIT Madras said.
Other companies participating in the placement programme are Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ITC Ltd, Google India, Sony, Shell, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, IBM and Samsung Electronics, it said.
A total of 1,263 students would participate in the first phase of placement from December 1 to 22 while the second phase would begin from January 16, 2013, the release added.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words