IIT Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce among cos to offer placements: IIT-M
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
For the first time, a host of companies, including luxury car makers Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce and Toshiba Corporation would be among the new firms to offer placements to prospective students of IIT Madras.
Nearly 100 new companies, including Procter and Gamble, Walmart, Bajaj Auto, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, MRF Tyres would participate in the placement activities, scheduled to begin tomorrow, a press release from IIT Madras said.
Other companies participating in the placement programme are Boston Consulting Group, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, ITC Ltd, Google India, Sony, Shell, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, IBM and Samsung Electronics, it said.
A total of 1,263 students would participate in the first phase of placement from December 1 to 22 while the second phase would begin from January 16, 2013, the release added.
PTI VIJ APR DKR 11301422
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players