IIT-Kharagpur seeks participants for festival from across country
- India rejects US report on religious freedom, says it's based on 'limited understanding'
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs 3.96 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.37
- Jaitley replies to Rahul's jibe, says this is 'sooj-boojh ki sarkar'
- Punjab bus molestation: Driver, three others arrested, Badals face the heat
- Modi govt 'abandoning' farmers, backing 'crony capitalists': Rahul Gandhi
As the students of Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)-Kharagpur are gearing up to host their annual social and cultural festival, Spring Fest 2014, they are seeking participants from across the country.
IIT-Kharagpur will be holding their 55th edition of Spring Fest, scheduled to be held from January 23 to January 26. There will be more than 80 events which would cover seven genres, providing a platform for the students to showcase their talent.
Spring Fest will include three nationwide events — Wildfire, the rock band competition (Mumbai, Bangalore, Guwahati, Delhi and Kolkata); Nukkad, the street play competition (Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi, Kharagpur, Lucknow, Nagpur and Pune), and Shuffle, the street dance competition. According to the spokesperson of the Spring Fest, Mahesh Joseph, the last edition of the fest saw a footfall of over 30,000 people and participation from 150 colleges.
A three-day IIT-Kharagpur Model United Nations conference will also be a part of the fest, scheduled from January 24 to 26. The interested students can log on the website www.springfest.in for further details.