IIT-Kharagpur seeks participants for festival from across country
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
As the students of Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)-Kharagpur are gearing up to host their annual social and cultural festival, Spring Fest 2014, they are seeking participants from across the country.
IIT-Kharagpur will be holding their 55th edition of Spring Fest, scheduled to be held from January 23 to January 26. There will be more than 80 events which would cover seven genres, providing a platform for the students to showcase their talent.
Spring Fest will include three nationwide events — Wildfire, the rock band competition (Mumbai, Bangalore, Guwahati, Delhi and Kolkata); Nukkad, the street play competition (Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi, Kharagpur, Lucknow, Nagpur and Pune), and Shuffle, the street dance competition. According to the spokesperson of the Spring Fest, Mahesh Joseph, the last edition of the fest saw a footfall of over 30,000 people and participation from 150 colleges.
A three-day IIT-Kharagpur Model United Nations conference will also be a part of the fest, scheduled from January 24 to 26. The interested students can log on the website www.springfest.in for further details.