IIT-Roorkee campus inaugurated in Greater Noida
- Be ready for polls at all times: PM Modi to Gujarat, Rajasthan MPs
- Statement in SC: CBI bid to shunt out coal scam probe DIGs
- Give us details of 271 illegal immigrants: India tells US
- Shiv Sena MP takes August Kranti Rajdhani to Mumbai after top airlines blacklist him
- Sports ministry clears move to make doping a criminal offence
IIT-Roorkee today inaugurated its Greater Noida Campus at the Knowledge Park-II area here.
It was inaugurated by Ashok Bhatnagar, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Roorkee in the presence of Director S C Saxena.
Besides the 365-acre main campus at Roorkee, it has another campus spread over 25 acres at Saharanpur.
IIT-Roorkee was established as Roorkee College in 1847 and has undergone five transformations.
The new campus is built on a 10-acre plot. The academic block is a three-storey building which has 16 lecture rooms, software labs, faculty offices, a library and a computer centre.
- At the time of political triumph of India’s majority party, let’s recall a few Emergency stories
- For Nawaz Sharif, one shows the way to hardening hostility, the other to fragile peace
- Bhagat Singh's ideas on nationalism, reason, religion and politics are relevant today
- Why Anti-Discrimination and Equality Bill 2016 must find champions in the Centre and states
- Narendra Modi’s political style is similar to that of Indira Gandhi — as will be his challenges
- With BJP in power in three Northeastern states, a chance to solve the Naga problem