IIT-Roorkee campus inaugurated in Greater Noida
- J-K: Army jawan injured after Pakistan violates ceasefire in Poonch
- J&K: 12-year-old boy succumbs to pellet injuries, death toll rises to 89
- Jayalalithaa still in hospital, TN governor meets senior ministers: News so far
- Prakash Javadekar does what Irani didn’t: Agrees to free IIMs via new Bill
- US: Sikh man brutally assaulted, hair cut by knife in alleged hate crime
IIT-Roorkee today inaugurated its Greater Noida Campus at the Knowledge Park-II area here.
It was inaugurated by Ashok Bhatnagar, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Roorkee in the presence of Director S C Saxena.
Besides the 365-acre main campus at Roorkee, it has another campus spread over 25 acres at Saharanpur.
IIT-Roorkee was established as Roorkee College in 1847 and has undergone five transformations.
The new campus is built on a 10-acre plot. The academic block is a three-storey building which has 16 lecture rooms, software labs, faculty offices, a library and a computer centre.
- No proof required: A data dependent MPC
- Elections are the only time the poor are centrestage
- Fakir Syed Aijazuddin’s memoirs speak to modern-day Pakistan
- India must eradicate both the disease and the stigma it evokes
- Calm down: This is a time of surgical strikes, hysteria, hostility to dissent
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy