IIT-Roorkee campus inaugurated in Greater Noida
- Fidel Castro, the revolutionary who defied US for 50 years, dies
- Fidel Castro dies: India mourns the loss of a great friend, says PM Modi
- Will kill three Indian soldiers for every Pakistani soldier killed: Pakistan Defence Minister
- #StoriesOfStrength with Facebook, Instagram: Mumbai has shown its resilience after 26/11 attacks, says CM Fadnavis
- Currency withdrawal: 50% tax, 4-year lock-in for unaccounted deposits
IIT-Roorkee today inaugurated its Greater Noida Campus at the Knowledge Park-II area here.
It was inaugurated by Ashok Bhatnagar, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Roorkee in the presence of Director S C Saxena.
Besides the 365-acre main campus at Roorkee, it has another campus spread over 25 acres at Saharanpur.
IIT-Roorkee was established as Roorkee College in 1847 and has undergone five transformations.
The new campus is built on a 10-acre plot. The academic block is a three-storey building which has 16 lecture rooms, software labs, faculty offices, a library and a computer centre.
- Law does not matter, form does not matter. There will be constant mobilisation
- The thana police, the first line of defence against terror, remains in a dismal state
- Government has failed to uphold Ambedkar’s vision of social and economic equality
- Ideologies are determining politicians’ assessment of the costs of the policy. Amid the commotion, food prices have been stable
- Demonetisation can help us leave behind culture of illegality, indiscipline, ill-gotten wealth
- M.G.K. Menon contributed to science and the building of modern India