IIT-Roorkee campus inaugurated in Greater Noida
- Curfew imposed in north Kashmir's Handwara town after killing of two young men
- Wife of NIA officer, shot dead in Bijnore, succumbs to injuries at Delhi hospital
- Panama Papers: Tax queries go out to all the names revealed
- India to raise prisoner Kirpal Singh's death issue in Pakistan at top level
- Cleared in a murder case, BJP’s new UP face has an old shadow
IIT-Roorkee today inaugurated its Greater Noida Campus at the Knowledge Park-II area here.
It was inaugurated by Ashok Bhatnagar, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Roorkee in the presence of Director S C Saxena.
Besides the 365-acre main campus at Roorkee, it has another campus spread over 25 acres at Saharanpur.
IIT-Roorkee was established as Roorkee College in 1847 and has undergone five transformations.
The new campus is built on a 10-acre plot. The academic block is a three-storey building which has 16 lecture rooms, software labs, faculty offices, a library and a computer centre.
- The critical bad debt problem calls for deep surgery, not more band aid
- The Strategic Imperative: Benefits outweigh costs of India, US intimacies
- As IITs raise fee, time to consider innovative ways of financing education for elite institutions
- Claims of a Rs 15,000 crore saving in LPG subsidy solely through Aadhaar are erroneous
- NIT Srinagar controversy underlines need to handle sensitive issues with agility
- The next leader Of the United Nations