IIT-Roorkee campus inaugurated in Greater Noida
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017 Phase 3 polling LIVE updates: 38.96 per cent voting till 1 pm
- Live updates: PM Modi addresses rally in Fatehpur
- Tamil Nadu trust vote: DMK announces hunger strike on February 22, M K Stalin booked for 'unlawful assembly'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala Police make two more arrests
- Balidan Diwas: Thousands of Jats gather to protest amid heightened security across Haryana
IIT-Roorkee today inaugurated its Greater Noida Campus at the Knowledge Park-II area here.
It was inaugurated by Ashok Bhatnagar, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Roorkee in the presence of Director S C Saxena.
Besides the 365-acre main campus at Roorkee, it has another campus spread over 25 acres at Saharanpur.
IIT-Roorkee was established as Roorkee College in 1847 and has undergone five transformations.
The new campus is built on a 10-acre plot. The academic block is a three-storey building which has 16 lecture rooms, software labs, faculty offices, a library and a computer centre.
- After Jayalalithaa’s death, the AIADMK is poised to undergo another self-destructing transformation
- Sasikala went only after trying to portray herself as a martyr
- Sasikala has no political experience, no qualification other than being Jayalalitha’s home help
- Inside track: Resort to tactics
- In Manipur, Cong battles fatigue, BJP struggles to grow roots. Irom Sharmila makes debut
- India should convince world that the choice between Islamic State and Taliban is a false one