Ilayaraja gets Sangeet Natak Akademi award
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Legendary composer Ilayaraja is among nine artistes from the field of music who will receive the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2012 while Grammy Award-winning percussionist T H Vinayakram and veteran playwright Ratan Thiyam and violinist N Rajam have been chosen for the prestigious Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowship.
Ilayaraja has been awarded for Creative and Experimental Music. The other eight artistes chosen for the award are Rajashekhar Mansur, Ajay Pohankar, Sabir Khan, Bahauddin Dagar, O S Thyagarajan, Mysore M Nagaraja, K V Prasad and Bhai Balbir Singh Ragi.