Ilayaraja gets Sangeet Natak Akademi award
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Legendary composer Ilayaraja is among nine artistes from the field of music who will receive the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2012 while Grammy Award-winning percussionist T H Vinayakram and veteran playwright Ratan Thiyam and violinist N Rajam have been chosen for the prestigious Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowship.
Ilayaraja has been awarded for Creative and Experimental Music. The other eight artistes chosen for the award are Rajashekhar Mansur, Ajay Pohankar, Sabir Khan, Bahauddin Dagar, O S Thyagarajan, Mysore M Nagaraja, K V Prasad and Bhai Balbir Singh Ragi.