Ilayaraja suffers 'mild' heart attack
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Well-known musician Ilayaraja was today admitted to a private hospital here following a 'mild' heart attack, sources close to the composer said.
Raja (70), fondly addressed as 'maestro,' was likely to undergo an angioplasty procedure, sources said, adding, he has been advised rest for a few days.
He was, however, stable, they added.
Ilayaraja's latest work, 'Thalaimuraigal' (Generations) had hit the screens recently, earning critical acclaim for the movie's plot and the composer's tunes.
National award-winning Ilayaraja has produced some of the biggest musical hits of Tamil cinema for actors including veterans Rajnikanth and Kamal Haasan, and has worked with top filmmakers spanning nearly 40 years including Maniratnam and Gautham Menon.
He also has a number of Hindi musical hits to his credit, including in movies like 'Sadma', 'Cheeni Kum' and 'Paa', among others.