Illegal mining: 20 trucks of sand seized
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Police on Friday seized about 20 trucks of sand from Ladhowal area. The sand was taken out from a quarry in Rjapur area near Ladhowal where mining has been banned.
All the truck owners were booked and the trucks kept at Ladhowal police station. The operation was started on Thursday night and concluded on Friday evening.
Interestingly, the truck drivers ran away after leaving the trucks behind. The police had to hire drivers for bringing the vehicles to the police station.
However, the accused drivers were also arrested by evening, said SHO Ladhowal Gurpreet Singh. Teams of Haibowal and Sadar police station also joined the operation.
A few days back, MLA Darshan Singh Shivalik had complained to the Police Commissioner in this regard.