Illegal mining: 20 trucks of sand seized
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Police on Friday seized about 20 trucks of sand from Ladhowal area. The sand was taken out from a quarry in Rjapur area near Ladhowal where mining has been banned.
All the truck owners were booked and the trucks kept at Ladhowal police station. The operation was started on Thursday night and concluded on Friday evening.
Interestingly, the truck drivers ran away after leaving the trucks behind. The police had to hire drivers for bringing the vehicles to the police station.
However, the accused drivers were also arrested by evening, said SHO Ladhowal Gurpreet Singh. Teams of Haibowal and Sadar police station also joined the operation.