Illegal mining: 20 trucks of sand seized
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Police on Friday seized about 20 trucks of sand from Ladhowal area. The sand was taken out from a quarry in Rjapur area near Ladhowal where mining has been banned.
All the truck owners were booked and the trucks kept at Ladhowal police station. The operation was started on Thursday night and concluded on Friday evening.
Interestingly, the truck drivers ran away after leaving the trucks behind. The police had to hire drivers for bringing the vehicles to the police station.
However, the accused drivers were also arrested by evening, said SHO Ladhowal Gurpreet Singh. Teams of Haibowal and Sadar police station also joined the operation.
A few days back, MLA Darshan Singh Shivalik had complained to the Police Commissioner in this regard.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer