Illegal mining: 20 trucks of sand seized
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Police on Friday seized about 20 trucks of sand from Ladhowal area. The sand was taken out from a quarry in Rjapur area near Ladhowal where mining has been banned.
All the truck owners were booked and the trucks kept at Ladhowal police station. The operation was started on Thursday night and concluded on Friday evening.
Interestingly, the truck drivers ran away after leaving the trucks behind. The police had to hire drivers for bringing the vehicles to the police station.
However, the accused drivers were also arrested by evening, said SHO Ladhowal Gurpreet Singh. Teams of Haibowal and Sadar police station also joined the operation.
A few days back, MLA Darshan Singh Shivalik had complained to the Police Commissioner in this regard.
- Narendra Modi to hold rally on Nitish Kumar’s turf; Paswan to share stage
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today