Illegal mining: 20 trucks of sand seized
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Police on Friday seized about 20 trucks of sand from Ladhowal area. The sand was taken out from a quarry in Rjapur area near Ladhowal where mining has been banned.
All the truck owners were booked and the trucks kept at Ladhowal police station. The operation was started on Thursday night and concluded on Friday evening.
Interestingly, the truck drivers ran away after leaving the trucks behind. The police had to hire drivers for bringing the vehicles to the police station.
However, the accused drivers were also arrested by evening, said SHO Ladhowal Gurpreet Singh. Teams of Haibowal and Sadar police station also joined the operation.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages