Illegal rice export: CBI raids Kandla Port, customs officials’ houses
- LIVE: At least 7 dead, including 4 attackers; army deployed in Jakarta
- Jaish chief Masood Azhar goes online: Pakistan on dangerous road, God’s army won’t feel my absence
- SC calls plea against odd-even scheme a publicity stunt, refuses urgent hearing
- Comedian Kiku Sharda arrested again, Khattar says govt has no hand
- Four Indian youths ‘planning to join IS’ arrested in Syria
CBI sleuths on Friday raided the Kandla Port, office of a shipping company and residences of two customs officials in Gandhidham and Vadodara in connection with a year-old case of illegal export of rice.
While the customs officials were reportedly not found at their residences, a CBI team seized bills of entry, shipping documents and other important papers from Balgopal Shipping and Logistics company at Gandhidham.
As per details, the shipping company had exported rice worth crores of rupees last year through the Kandla Port. This was done even as the Ministry of Finance had banned the export of rice, sources said, adding that two customs officials were involved in this illegal export.
- We need national framework to address agricultural problems
- A full engagement with Pakistan cannot withstand major terror strikes
- Increasing maternity leave is a tiny step for women at work
- Telescope: A question for TV
- ‘Comfort Women Peace Statue’: An uncomfortable legacy
- Suspending dialogue after terrorist attack gives jihadis a veto over talks