Illegal rice export: CBI raids Kandla Port, customs officials’ houses
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
CBI sleuths on Friday raided the Kandla Port, office of a shipping company and residences of two customs officials in Gandhidham and Vadodara in connection with a year-old case of illegal export of rice.
While the customs officials were reportedly not found at their residences, a CBI team seized bills of entry, shipping documents and other important papers from Balgopal Shipping and Logistics company at Gandhidham.
As per details, the shipping company had exported rice worth crores of rupees last year through the Kandla Port. This was done even as the Ministry of Finance had banned the export of rice, sources said, adding that two customs officials were involved in this illegal export.
The CBI had booked the two and officials of the shipping company under the Prevention of Corruption Act two days ago.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress