Illegal rice export: CBI raids Kandla Port, customs officials’ houses
- PM Modi should sack Sushma, says Rahul; BJP claims it's a non issue
- Lalit Modi no fugitive, no blue corner notice against him, claims lawyer
- RTI reply dismisses MHA's claim over Indian citizenship granted to Pak, Afghan Hindus
- AIPMT 2015: Supreme Court cancels test, orders fresh dates
- Australia suspends import of Maggi noodles from India
CBI sleuths on Friday raided the Kandla Port, office of a shipping company and residences of two customs officials in Gandhidham and Vadodara in connection with a year-old case of illegal export of rice.
While the customs officials were reportedly not found at their residences, a CBI team seized bills of entry, shipping documents and other important papers from Balgopal Shipping and Logistics company at Gandhidham.
As per details, the shipping company had exported rice worth crores of rupees last year through the Kandla Port. This was done even as the Ministry of Finance had banned the export of rice, sources said, adding that two customs officials were involved in this illegal export.
The CBI had booked the two and officials of the shipping company under the Prevention of Corruption Act two days ago.