Illegal slaughter house: Hotel owner ‘beaten’ after complaint
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The owner of hotel Malook and his employees were allegedly beaten up on Wednesday after a complaint was made to Municipal Corporation against an illegal slaughter house running in the area.
Nand Lal Mann, the owner of the hotel, who complained against Avtar Meat House in Mohalla Acharyan, Town hall Road, told Newsline on Wednesday, "I complained to municipal corporation about the slaughter house working illegally without license in the area. Owner of the slaughter house along with his employees came to my hotel and created ruckus."
"They threatened me first and then beat my employees," he added. Working in violation of section 333 and 343-C of the MC act, the slaughter house was declared illegal last year.
Hhealth officials had inspected the slaughterhouse on August 27, 2012 and found violations and discrepancies in the slaughterhouse. "The slaughterhouse is running without a license," said the inspection note of MC.
Meanwhile, owner of the slaughterhouse Aman Singh claimed that Mann and his associates attacked them and injured his employees. An FIR has been registered by the owner of Avtar Meat House at division number 1 police station and investigation is on.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today