Illegal slaughter house: Hotel owner ‘beaten’ after complaint
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
The owner of hotel Malook and his employees were allegedly beaten up on Wednesday after a complaint was made to Municipal Corporation against an illegal slaughter house running in the area.
Nand Lal Mann, the owner of the hotel, who complained against Avtar Meat House in Mohalla Acharyan, Town hall Road, told Newsline on Wednesday, "I complained to municipal corporation about the slaughter house working illegally without license in the area. Owner of the slaughter house along with his employees came to my hotel and created ruckus."
"They threatened me first and then beat my employees," he added. Working in violation of section 333 and 343-C of the MC act, the slaughter house was declared illegal last year.
Hhealth officials had inspected the slaughterhouse on August 27, 2012 and found violations and discrepancies in the slaughterhouse. "The slaughterhouse is running without a license," said the inspection note of MC.
Meanwhile, owner of the slaughterhouse Aman Singh claimed that Mann and his associates attacked them and injured his employees. An FIR has been registered by the owner of Avtar Meat House at division number 1 police station and investigation is on.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18