I'm not an avid supporter of Narendra Modi, says Chetan Bhagat
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Best selling author Chetan Bhagat in an interview with Bollywood Hungama talks about Kai Po Che, a film based on his best selling novel 'Three Mistakes Of My Life'. Chetan is happy with the due credit he has received from the makers of the film vis-a-vis what happened during '3 Idiots' (based on his novel 'Five Point Someone') where he felt shortchanged by the makers. Those who've read 'Three Mistakes Of My Life' had loved the wonderful secular message of the film, but considering Chetan has been a vocal supporter of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi (Kai Po Che is based in Gujarat), will the communal riots angle be diluted.
When asked about the communal angle in his novel '3 mistakes of my life' Chetan says,"Nobody can deny what has happened in Gujarat. It has happened. Why and how has it happened that really is an opinion. And that the film doesn't have."
It will be wrong to take sides because my neutrality is my biggest trend. I don't say go with him or not go with him. I'm just saying hear him out. Same thing I'll say for Rahul Gandhi. I praise his speech in Jaipur.
Further he was glad to be associated with UTV who have given him due credit and says, "They have realised the power of a Chetan Bhagat bestseller."
The much anticipated film Kai Po Che which casts Sushant Singh Rajput, Raj Kumar Yadav and Amit Sadh in lead roles is directed by Abhishek Kapoor and will hit the screens on February 22.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express