I'm not an avid supporter of Narendra Modi, says Chetan Bhagat
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Best selling author Chetan Bhagat in an interview with Bollywood Hungama talks about Kai Po Che, a film based on his best selling novel 'Three Mistakes Of My Life'. Chetan is happy with the due credit he has received from the makers of the film vis-a-vis what happened during '3 Idiots' (based on his novel 'Five Point Someone') where he felt shortchanged by the makers. Those who've read 'Three Mistakes Of My Life' had loved the wonderful secular message of the film, but considering Chetan has been a vocal supporter of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi (Kai Po Che is based in Gujarat), will the communal riots angle be diluted.
When asked about the communal angle in his novel '3 mistakes of my life' Chetan says,"Nobody can deny what has happened in Gujarat. It has happened. Why and how has it happened that really is an opinion. And that the film doesn't have."
It will be wrong to take sides because my neutrality is my biggest trend. I don't say go with him or not go with him. I'm just saying hear him out. Same thing I'll say for Rahul Gandhi. I praise his speech in Jaipur.
Further he was glad to be associated with UTV who have given him due credit and says, "They have realised the power of a Chetan Bhagat bestseller."
The much anticipated film Kai Po Che which casts Sushant Singh Rajput, Raj Kumar Yadav and Amit Sadh in lead roles is directed by Abhishek Kapoor and will hit the screens on February 22.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress