IM suspect Fasih applies for bail
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Suspected IM terrorist Fasih Mohammed, who was deported from Saudi Arabia last year, on Tuesday sought bail from a Delhi court.
Fasih, who is accused of involvement in 2010 blast in Bangalore's Chinnaswamy Stadium and Jama Masjid shootout case here, moved bail application before the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash.
The application says that since the Delhi Police failed to file chargesheet within 90 days of his arrest on October 22, 2012, he is "entitled to be released on statutory bail".
The CMM, however, sent the application to the District and Sessions Judge to decide whether he has the power to entertain the plea in light of questions raised in the Israeli diplomat attack case on legality of a magisterial court to hear cases under UAPA.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past