Implement reservation policy for SC/ST in promotion: Paswan
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
LJP president Ramvilas Paswan today demanded that Nitish Kumar government immediately implement the reservation policy for SC and ST in Bihar in cases of promotion.
Participating in a sit-in organised by SC/ST Employees Association at Gandhi Maidan here, he accused the Nitish Kumar government of being "anti-Dalit, anti-backward, anti-minority and anti-poor."
Alleging that the NDA government had scrapped the policy which was in operation in the state since Independence, he said LJP would launch a 'fill-the-jail' campaign on August 9 if the state government failed to implement it.
He said he had already apprised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of the situation and said he would raise the issue in Parliament as well.
Paswan said separate budgetary provisions be made for ST and SC under the Special Component Plan and Tribal sub-plan in proportion to their population in Bihar.