Implement reservation policy for SC/ST in promotion: Paswan
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
LJP president Ramvilas Paswan today demanded that Nitish Kumar government immediately implement the reservation policy for SC and ST in Bihar in cases of promotion.
Participating in a sit-in organised by SC/ST Employees Association at Gandhi Maidan here, he accused the Nitish Kumar government of being "anti-Dalit, anti-backward, anti-minority and anti-poor."
Alleging that the NDA government had scrapped the policy which was in operation in the state since Independence, he said LJP would launch a 'fill-the-jail' campaign on August 9 if the state government failed to implement it.
He said he had already apprised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of the situation and said he would raise the issue in Parliament as well.
Paswan said separate budgetary provisions be made for ST and SC under the Special Component Plan and Tribal sub-plan in proportion to their population in Bihar.