Implement reservation policy for SC/ST in promotion: Paswan
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
LJP president Ramvilas Paswan today demanded that Nitish Kumar government immediately implement the reservation policy for SC and ST in Bihar in cases of promotion.
Participating in a sit-in organised by SC/ST Employees Association at Gandhi Maidan here, he accused the Nitish Kumar government of being "anti-Dalit, anti-backward, anti-minority and anti-poor."
Alleging that the NDA government had scrapped the policy which was in operation in the state since Independence, he said LJP would launch a 'fill-the-jail' campaign on August 9 if the state government failed to implement it.
He said he had already apprised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of the situation and said he would raise the issue in Parliament as well.
Paswan said separate budgetary provisions be made for ST and SC under the Special Component Plan and Tribal sub-plan in proportion to their population in Bihar.