Imran Khan falls off forklift at election rally, suffers head injury
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
In a freak accident, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan sustained injuries, including a fracture of the head, when he fell off a forklift that was hoisting him on to a stage at an election meeting here Tuesday.
Imran, 60, fell from a height of 14-15 feet after one of his bodyguards lost balance. Television footage showed a dazed Imran, blood streaming from a wound on his head, being carried to a vehicle by his supporters.
PTI leader Asad Umer tweeted that CT scan results showed a "minor fracture" on Imran's head. He said Imran had also suffered a vertebral fracture.
Sources at the Shaukat Khanum Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment, said Imran sustained injuries on his head and back. He is reported to have received 11 stitches on his head — five in the front and six at the back.
Party leaders said Imran would not be able to head their campaign due to his injuries. Pakistan votes on May 11.