Imran Khan falls off forklift at election rally, suffers head injury
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
In a freak accident, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan sustained injuries, including a fracture of the head, when he fell off a forklift that was hoisting him on to a stage at an election meeting here Tuesday.
Imran, 60, fell from a height of 14-15 feet after one of his bodyguards lost balance. Television footage showed a dazed Imran, blood streaming from a wound on his head, being carried to a vehicle by his supporters.
PTI leader Asad Umer tweeted that CT scan results showed a "minor fracture" on Imran's head. He said Imran had also suffered a vertebral fracture.
Sources at the Shaukat Khanum Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment, said Imran sustained injuries on his head and back. He is reported to have received 11 stitches on his head — five in the front and six at the back.
Party leaders said Imran would not be able to head their campaign due to his injuries. Pakistan votes on May 11.