Imran Khan nervous ahead of 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' release
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Popular for his urban roles in 'Mera Brother Ki Dulhan' and 'Delhi Belly', actor Imran Khan is looking forward to audiences' reaction to his rustic avatar in 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' this Friday.
It is for the first time that the actor is working with Vishal Bhardwaj and though he is nervous, Imran also feels a sense of accomplishment after working on the movie.
"As a creative person, when your work is done you are nervous about whether people will like it or not. Having said that, I feel a great sense of accomplishment to be a part of this film. I got to share screen space with a great actor like Pankaj Kapur and work in a Vishal Bhardwaj film. Beyond that, I am wondering how people will react to the film on this Friday," Imran said.
The film is a political satire on the land acquisition issue. It is Bhardwaj's first comedy and Imran, who is popular among the urban audiences, feels the film will connect with everyone through its humour.
"People normally hear that it is Vishal Bhardwaj film and they get scared thinking that it will be very dark and gritty. This is the first time he has made a comedy. On my part, I don't know why he waited for so long because he has a great sense of humour. The film has a very unique, very original style of humour," Imran said.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance