Imran Khan says reign of corrupt, inept politicians over
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has said that the reign of corrupt and inept politicians was over and vowed to recover the plundered national wealth if the PTI comes to power.
"There would be no place for such greedy politicians in new Pakistan and all crook politicians would be held accountable by the PTI government," the Daily Times quoted Imran, as saying.
"There would be no chance for Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif to rule this country in the future as time has changed and people have also changed. They would have to face strict accountability. We would also recover the looted money which was illegally transferred out of Pakistan and has been kept in off-shore accounts," he said.
He said that both the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) had betrayed the people''s mandate time and again, and reiterated his resolve that the PTI ''tsunami'' would flush out the corrupt and selfish politicians from the country and would put an end to the "politics of family".
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies