Imran Khan says reign of corrupt, inept politicians over
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has said that the reign of corrupt and inept politicians was over and vowed to recover the plundered national wealth if the PTI comes to power.
"There would be no place for such greedy politicians in new Pakistan and all crook politicians would be held accountable by the PTI government," the Daily Times quoted Imran, as saying.
"There would be no chance for Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif to rule this country in the future as time has changed and people have also changed. They would have to face strict accountability. We would also recover the looted money which was illegally transferred out of Pakistan and has been kept in off-shore accounts," he said.
He said that both the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) had betrayed the people''s mandate time and again, and reiterated his resolve that the PTI ''tsunami'' would flush out the corrupt and selfish politicians from the country and would put an end to the "politics of family".
He said that change would take place for sure and those who are involved in breach of law would be brought to book and they would not escape the punishment. Criticising Zardari and Sharif, Imran said that they were not the true leaders of the country.