Imran Khan stands up for gay rights
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' actor Imran Khan has lent his support to gay rights as he appears in a satirical video by All India Backhod (AIB).
The video features Imran Khan tackling questions about homosexuality as he stands up against homophobia and criminalization of gay sex by the Supreme Court (Section 377).
In his cool and calm nature, the actor refutes the perception that being gay is a matter of choice and slams the belief that it's a western concept. He uses subtle sarcasm and humour to drive home the point.
When questioned about his own sexuality, having taken a keen interest in fighting for gay rights, the actor responds that since he also supports animal and environmental welfare. Does that then make him a dolphin or a tree?
AIB constitutes of four stand-up comedians- Tanmay Bhatt, Gursimran Khamba, Rohan Joshi and Ashish Shakya who were also responsible for the 'It's your fault' video starring actor Kalki Koechlin that went viral in September.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express