Imran Khan to open animal shelter for stray dogs
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Imran Khan has always been an animal lover. The actor has as many as 5 cats and a pet dog at his Pali Hill residence in Mumbai. However, Imran now wants to do something to help the cause of stray dogs as well.
Imran has purchased a few acres of land on outskirts of Mumbai and plans to open an animal shelter there to take care of stray dogs properly till someone decides to adopt them. The shelter will also have specialized vets in charge. Joining him in this cause is his wife Avantika and mother Nuzhat.
We wish the actor good luck for this noble endeavour.