Imran Khan's PIL comes up for hearing
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Back in 2011, Imran Khan made news with the filing of a PIL questioning the raising of the legal drinking age limit from 21 to 25 years. The Bombay High Court has now admitted the PIL (Public Interest Litigation) filed by the actor for a final hearing. In fact the Bombay High Court today directed the Maharashtra government to file a reply to the PIL filed by actor.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice A V Mohta said that the matter requires consideration and hence it cannot grant stay on the September 2009 notification, giving the state government time till April 15 to file a response, thus admitting the petition.