In ‘Ghar nu Ghar’, Cong chief wants bigger kitchens
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Friday visited her party's state unit headquarters in Ahmedabad to take a look at the sample house under the Ghar nu Ghar scheme that the Congress has offered in the run-up to the Assembly elections.
Gandhi spent around 10 minutes there. She was accompanied by senior state Congress leaders Arjun Modhwadia and Shaktisinh Gohil.
"After examining the sample house, she suggested that the size of kitchen be increased since the scheme was for women who spend most of their time in kitchen," Modhwadia said.
The scheme offers two types of houses — one-room & kitchen and a two-rooms & kitchen — to women of homeless families.