In 2013, residents wish for a clean, green, safe city
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
With the arrival of the New Year, the people of the city desire improved facilities in Chandigarh. Ranging from more job opportunities to better management of traffic, residents share their wishlist with Nikita Sharma and Kanica Walia.
Rahul Kalia, Associate Consultant at Infosys
The lack of job opportunities in IT Sector in the city forced me to move to Pune from Chandigarh. I wish the new year brings some great employment opportunities for the people working in the IT sector in Chandigarh so that I could come and stay with my family and friends.
Rajnish Bala Sharma, Central Government Employee
I think this year the focus of the people should be on preserving the forest area of Chandigarh. The inappropriate dumping of construction waste material should be stopped. I wish to see a greener and even more beautiful city in 2013.
Navjot Singh, Student of Delhi University
The implementation of traffic rules is not adequate. So, I would recommend that the masses should be educated about the rules. This would ensure that there is smooth movement of traffic in the city.
Ashima AggARwal, engineering student at Thapar University, Patiala
There should be strict rules to curb eve-teasing which in Chandigarh is very common. Liquor is very easily accessible in the city and mostly the bars and pubs do not adhere to the age limit defined by the government. This new year I would like to see some new bills to be passed for safety of women and the persisting laws being followed for good.
Naman Singh Brar, student of DAV college
The increasing traffic in the city has added to the existing problems of the people, inadequate parking spaces is a major problem faced by the residents of the city. Big parking lots or underground parking systems should be established in the city in order to deal with such problems.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18