In 24 hrs, marriage after Internet meet ends in rape threats, separation
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
A couple, who met through the Internet and tied the nuptial knot, decided to separate just a day after their wedding following a dispute.
The story of Shankar Lal and Seema began around a month ago when they came into contact on a matrimonial site and later started chatting on a social networking site.
Shankar, who hails from the district and is a trader in Assam, proposed marriage to the girl, a resident of the city, a few days back.
She accepted the proposal and they got married in a temple in the presence of their family members on April 26.
However, a dispute soon broke out between the two and Seema returned to her family. The matter turned more serious when her family members threatened to lodge a rape case against the youth, who also warned of the same treatment against them for allegedly cheating him.
"The husband then lodged a case of cheating against the girl and her family members on April 27 after the dispute but later both the parties compromised and settled the matter following which the boy withdrew the case," the SHO of Doongergarh police station, Dinesh Meena, said today.
He said the couple have given in writing that their marriage is void and they are separating.