In 24 hrs, marriage after Internet meet ends in rape threats, separation
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
A couple, who met through the Internet and tied the nuptial knot, decided to separate just a day after their wedding following a dispute.
The story of Shankar Lal and Seema began around a month ago when they came into contact on a matrimonial site and later started chatting on a social networking site.
Shankar, who hails from the district and is a trader in Assam, proposed marriage to the girl, a resident of the city, a few days back.
She accepted the proposal and they got married in a temple in the presence of their family members on April 26.
However, a dispute soon broke out between the two and Seema returned to her family. The matter turned more serious when her family members threatened to lodge a rape case against the youth, who also warned of the same treatment against them for allegedly cheating him.
"The husband then lodged a case of cheating against the girl and her family members on April 27 after the dispute but later both the parties compromised and settled the matter following which the boy withdrew the case," the SHO of Doongergarh police station, Dinesh Meena, said today.