In 3D show, Modi simultaneously addresses rallies in 52 places
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
At Borsad and Bapunagar, a good number of children turned up excited, some came with entire families, missing their tele soaps, to hear Modi.
"No serials today, we will watch Modi," says Sadhnaben Patel, housewife and resident of Bapunagar.
At Borsad, it was a different scene. "BJP has not made special effort to wrest Borsad from Congress. This is evident that it does not have a permanent office in the taluka till date. Due to not having an office, people cannot approach local leaders to get their problems solved. Therefore, there is a kind of disconnect between the party and people here," said Mehul Thakkar, a private teacher in the town and a BJP supporter.
Daxes Patel, owner of a medical store in the town, came to the JD Patel college ground where the stage was set in Borsad, with wife and 16-year-old son Deep. "I am a fan of Modi and love to hear him. But the 3D technology was the biggest draw," said Deep, a science student of Class XI.