In 3D show, Modi simultaneously addresses rallies in 52 places
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
At Borsad and Bapunagar, a good number of children turned up excited, some came with entire families, missing their tele soaps, to hear Modi.
"No serials today, we will watch Modi," says Sadhnaben Patel, housewife and resident of Bapunagar.
At Borsad, it was a different scene. "BJP has not made special effort to wrest Borsad from Congress. This is evident that it does not have a permanent office in the taluka till date. Due to not having an office, people cannot approach local leaders to get their problems solved. Therefore, there is a kind of disconnect between the party and people here," said Mehul Thakkar, a private teacher in the town and a BJP supporter.
Daxes Patel, owner of a medical store in the town, came to the JD Patel college ground where the stage was set in Borsad, with wife and 16-year-old son Deep. "I am a fan of Modi and love to hear him. But the 3D technology was the biggest draw," said Deep, a science student of Class XI.
Local BJP leaders agree that they have always struggled here but are banking on Modi magic. "Residents in this region did not know what was development. However, Modi has promised houses, roads and electricity. We are campaigning hard and the delimitation would help us," said Rajesh Patel, president of Borsad taluka BJP unit.