In a first, Navsari MP gets ISO certification for his office
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
BJP MP from Navsari C R Patil has become the country's first MP to get an ISO certification 9001: 2008 for his office for excellent role in implementing government schemes for the public.
The audit work of the MP's office in Surat was done by Intertek Moody, a leading international provider of certification services.
Patil was given the certificate at a function in Surat where Intertek Moody's regional director Sandeep Vig was also present along with several BJP MLAs.
Vig said, "Our audit found that his office had well-established channels of implementing various government schemes of the state government for people and has a professional team to manage it." "This is the first time our company has given an ISO certification to any member of Parliament. Our auditors had fixed certain parameters in which Patil qualified," Vig added.
Patil said the idea was to keep his office well-organised to help him keep in touch with over 5 lakh voters in his constituency.
"I have over 50,000 people following me on Facebook. I plan to organise a get-together function of my FB friends soon. The people of Surat and Navsari have elected me and so I also should take care of them," he said.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students