In a first, Navsari MP gets ISO certification for his office
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi becoming PM is a fantasy, says Mamata; Varun files nomination
BJP MP from Navsari C R Patil has become the country's first MP to get an ISO certification 9001: 2008 for his office for excellent role in implementing government schemes for the public.
The audit work of the MP's office in Surat was done by Intertek Moody, a leading international provider of certification services.
Patil was given the certificate at a function in Surat where Intertek Moody's regional director Sandeep Vig was also present along with several BJP MLAs.
Vig said, "Our audit found that his office had well-established channels of implementing various government schemes of the state government for people and has a professional team to manage it." "This is the first time our company has given an ISO certification to any member of Parliament. Our auditors had fixed certain parameters in which Patil qualified," Vig added.
Patil said the idea was to keep his office well-organised to help him keep in touch with over 5 lakh voters in his constituency.
"I have over 50,000 people following me on Facebook. I plan to organise a get-together function of my FB friends soon. The people of Surat and Navsari have elected me and so I also should take care of them," he said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi