In Dasna for Eid, 11-year-old killed by speeding bike
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Police said two bikers were racing and performing stunts in residential area.
An 11-year-old girl died after she was hit by a motorcycle in the Dasna area of Ghaziabad on Friday night. The girl, Sophia, had come to her uncle's home in Dasna to celebrate Eid.
Police said, prima facie, it appeared that two persons were racing their motorcycles when the incident took place.
One of the bikers has been arrested, police said.
A police officer said, "The incident took place around 10:30 pm in the Dasna Kasba area. Sophia was playing outside her uncle's home when the two motorcycles approached. Eyewitnesses said the bikes were at a high speed. They said the bikers were doing stunts as well. One of the motorcycles, an Apache RTR, hit Sophia. It dragged her for about 30 metres and then crashed into a pile of bricks nearby. She suffered head and back injuries and died on the way to hospital."
Police said the man on the bike which hit Sophia, fell after crashing into the bricks and was nabbed by residents.
Two others, however, managed to escaped.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food