In Dasna for Eid, 11-year-old killed by speeding bike
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Police said two bikers were racing and performing stunts in residential area.
An 11-year-old girl died after she was hit by a motorcycle in the Dasna area of Ghaziabad on Friday night. The girl, Sophia, had come to her uncle's home in Dasna to celebrate Eid.
Police said, prima facie, it appeared that two persons were racing their motorcycles when the incident took place.
One of the bikers has been arrested, police said.
A police officer said, "The incident took place around 10:30 pm in the Dasna Kasba area. Sophia was playing outside her uncle's home when the two motorcycles approached. Eyewitnesses said the bikes were at a high speed. They said the bikers were doing stunts as well. One of the motorcycles, an Apache RTR, hit Sophia. It dragged her for about 30 metres and then crashed into a pile of bricks nearby. She suffered head and back injuries and died on the way to hospital."
Police said the man on the bike which hit Sophia, fell after crashing into the bricks and was nabbed by residents.
Two others, however, managed to escaped.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism