In Delhi, most rapes within family and neighbourhood
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
Besides the high count of rapes within the household or neigbourhood, officials say a large number of complaints received from wives and daughters are of beating and abuse.
Dr Jitendra Nagpal, a psychiatrist, stresses the need to educate men and women at home. "A large number of women are unaware about their rights and continue to get harassed," he said. "The residents' welfare association could educate each household about domestic violence and women and child protection laws."
5 under 2 years of age
105 aged 2 to 12
286 aged 12 to 18
167 aged 18 to 25
99 over 25
5 fathers, 7 stepfathers,
2 ex-husbands, 17 brothers-in-law, 4 uncles, 3 cousins,
1 stepson, 2 fathers-in-law
189 other relatives, friends
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready