In Delhi, most rapes within family and neighbourhood
- Centre tables Land Bill amidst cries of 'kisan bachao, desh bachao'
- AAP crisis: Bhushan hits back, blames Khetan for planting stories in favour of 2G accused
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- Oil paper leak: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet filed against accused
- On Delhi’s edge, a township of 25,000 more toxic than Delhi
Besides the high count of rapes within the household or neigbourhood, officials say a large number of complaints received from wives and daughters are of beating and abuse.
Dr Jitendra Nagpal, a psychiatrist, stresses the need to educate men and women at home. "A large number of women are unaware about their rights and continue to get harassed," he said. "The residents' welfare association could educate each household about domestic violence and women and child protection laws."
5 under 2 years of age
105 aged 2 to 12
286 aged 12 to 18
167 aged 18 to 25
99 over 25
5 fathers, 7 stepfathers,
2 ex-husbands, 17 brothers-in-law, 4 uncles, 3 cousins,
1 stepson, 2 fathers-in-law
189 other relatives, friends