In Gujarat, the priming of a CM
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Modi is restricting himself to events with the potential for a national connect. Like the wedding he attended of Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal's granddaughter in Jaipur. The Governor and Modi do not exactly share a cordial professional equation, and it was noted that at the wedding reception, a crowd outside reportedly raised slogans in support of him as PM.
With the top Congress leadership all but decimated, Modi can afford to take it easy back home. So the successful address at Delhi's SRCC college is likely to see a repeat.
Leena is editor, Ahmedabad