In Gujarat, the priming of a CM
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Modi is restricting himself to events with the potential for a national connect. Like the wedding he attended of Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal's granddaughter in Jaipur. The Governor and Modi do not exactly share a cordial professional equation, and it was noted that at the wedding reception, a crowd outside reportedly raised slogans in support of him as PM.
With the top Congress leadership all but decimated, Modi can afford to take it easy back home. So the successful address at Delhi's SRCC college is likely to see a repeat.
Leena is editor, Ahmedabad