In Haryana, youths fire at two schoolgirls, one dies
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Motorcycle-borne youths fired at two school girls in Peedal village here resulting in the death of one of them and serious injuries to the other.
The assailants managed to escape after the crime, police said, adding, the deceased has been identified as Shikha, a student of class VIII.
The injured girl, Aman, a student of class XI was rushed to Rajendra Hospital at Patiala where she has been declared out of danger.
The daylight crime sent shock waves in the village and a large number of residents assembled at the site.
Later they took Shikha's body to the Kaithal-Patiala road and blocked traffic demanding the arrest of the accused without delay.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly