In Haryana, youths fire at two schoolgirls, one dies
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
Motorcycle-borne youths fired at two school girls in Peedal village here resulting in the death of one of them and serious injuries to the other.
The assailants managed to escape after the crime, police said, adding, the deceased has been identified as Shikha, a student of class VIII.
The injured girl, Aman, a student of class XI was rushed to Rajendra Hospital at Patiala where she has been declared out of danger.
The daylight crime sent shock waves in the village and a large number of residents assembled at the site.
Later they took Shikha's body to the Kaithal-Patiala road and blocked traffic demanding the arrest of the accused without delay.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism