In Haryana, youths fire at two schoolgirls, one dies
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Motorcycle-borne youths fired at two school girls in Peedal village here resulting in the death of one of them and serious injuries to the other.
The assailants managed to escape after the crime, police said, adding, the deceased has been identified as Shikha, a student of class VIII.
The injured girl, Aman, a student of class XI was rushed to Rajendra Hospital at Patiala where she has been declared out of danger.
The daylight crime sent shock waves in the village and a large number of residents assembled at the site.
Later they took Shikha's body to the Kaithal-Patiala road and blocked traffic demanding the arrest of the accused without delay.