In Haryana, youths fire at two schoolgirls, one dies
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Motorcycle-borne youths fired at two school girls in Peedal village here resulting in the death of one of them and serious injuries to the other.
The assailants managed to escape after the crime, police said, adding, the deceased has been identified as Shikha, a student of class VIII.
The injured girl, Aman, a student of class XI was rushed to Rajendra Hospital at Patiala where she has been declared out of danger.
The daylight crime sent shock waves in the village and a large number of residents assembled at the site.
Later they took Shikha's body to the Kaithal-Patiala road and blocked traffic demanding the arrest of the accused without delay.
Kaithal Superintendent of Police (SP) Kuldeep Singh Yadav and Additional Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Yadav rushed to the village and tried to pacify the villagers. However, the irate mob refused to remove the body from the site unless the accused were arrested.