In Jatland, Chautala baba brigade set to take on Cong
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Facing political decimation following its most famous faces —party president and former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son and party secretary general Ajay Chautala — being sentenced to 10 in years in jail in a teacher recruitment case, the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) is now looking forward to the baba brigade of the Devi Lal clan to take on the ruling Congress in Haryana.
Marking their entry in active politics, the fourth generation of 'Tau' Devi Lal —Dushyant (24) and Digvijay (22), sons of Ajay Chautala and Karan (21), elder son of Abhay Chautala, is all set to lead the party's statewide campaign — Congress Pol Khol (expose Congress) — from February 15 by addressing public rallies.
While the ruilng party is yet to take seriously the Chautala baba brigade, the INLD, to make the public rallies successful, has chosen its own citadels as the launching platforms for the youngsters.
While Dushyant will be addressing a public rally in Uchana — his grandfather Om Prakash Chautala's constituency — Digvijay will address people in Dabwali — the Assembly constituency represented by his father. Karan will address a rally in Ellanabad, his father Abhay's constituency.
"Our sole motive of stepping into active politics is to expose the Congress and its corrupt practices. The way Congress used CBI (to implicate Chautalas in JBT scam), the land deal involving UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty major DLF and other major scandals and scams committed by Congress both at centre and in the state, will be taken up by us during our public meetings," Dushyant said.
All three junior Chautalas have studied on the foreign shores. While Dushyant has completed his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from California State University, USA, Digvijay is pursuing law at Middlesex University, London. Karan is a second year student of Bachelor of Business Administration at Regent University, London.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today