In Kalyan’s bastion, BJP puts organisation polls on hold
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Former chief minister Kalyan Singh has yet to make a formal return in the BJP but the party has started preparations to adjust his men in the organisation. BJP has put on hold organisation elections in three districts including Etah, Bulandshahr and Aligarh, which are Kalyan's strongholds and sources said that his men will be nominated there as district presidents.
Sources said that Kalyan will depute his workers of Jan Kranti Party (JKP) in districts units there after his re-entry in BJP. Kalyan is Lok Sabha member from Etah and sources said he has planned to field his son Rajvir Singh from there in the next Lok Sabha elections. Also, Kalyan wants to field his two JKP leaders in Bulandshahr and Aligarh. His men will be nominated in the organisation polls to help these candidates in the Lok Sabha elections, the sources added.
Aligarh is the home district of Kalyan and he has been MLA from Atrauli seat there several times before. His daughter-in-law Premlata had lost in the Assembly election from the same seat earlier this year. Rajvir had lost election from Debai Assembly seat in Bulandshahr.
BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said, "Organisation elections have been put on hold in these districts because the election in-charge deputed there are busy with some other works. Elections would be completed there later."
But a party leader in Bulandshahr said that elections of mandal presidents and members of districts councils have been completed in all 40 mandals of the district. These mandal presidents and council members had to vote to elect the district president. "But the process for election of district president has been put on hold for Kalyanji who will nominate his own man for this position after his joining," said the leader.
Another leader in Aligarh said, "Out of 11 mandals in the city unit, elections of mandal president and members of district council have been completed in only five so far. Elections in the rest six mandals have been stopped." He said that schedule for further elections would be announced only after re-entry of Kalyan Singh.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start
- Narendra Modi attacks Congress over lack of war memorial