In mini list, BJP names nominees against Zadaphia, Kalsaria
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A day after announcing 84 of its candidates, BJP Friday came out with a second list of four for the first phase of Assembly elections due on December 13, when 87 seats go to polls. The list has former Gondal MLA Jayrajsinh Jadeja, who has been fielded from the same seat. He will be pitted against NCP MLA Chandu Vaghasia, whom he had lost to by a thin margin in 2007, and GPP general secretary and ex-minister Gordhan Zadaphia. Jadeja was acquitted in a murder case last year.
In Dhoraji constituency, which is dominated by Kadva Patels, BJP has fielded Porbandar MP Haribhai Patel who belongs to the same community.
The ruling party has decided to field former councillor Arvind Ladani from Keshod seat, a seat that was reserved for SCs for 35 years before being declared general post-delimitation.
On Gariyadhar seat, BJP has nominated its sitting MLA Keshu Nakrani to take on its rebel MLA from Mahuva Kanu Kalsaria, who has floated an outfit called Sadbhavna Manch and is himself contesting from Gariyadhar under its banner.