In mini list, BJP names nominees against Zadaphia, Kalsaria
- SC stays release of all the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
A day after announcing 84 of its candidates, BJP Friday came out with a second list of four for the first phase of Assembly elections due on December 13, when 87 seats go to polls. The list has former Gondal MLA Jayrajsinh Jadeja, who has been fielded from the same seat. He will be pitted against NCP MLA Chandu Vaghasia, whom he had lost to by a thin margin in 2007, and GPP general secretary and ex-minister Gordhan Zadaphia. Jadeja was acquitted in a murder case last year.
In Dhoraji constituency, which is dominated by Kadva Patels, BJP has fielded Porbandar MP Haribhai Patel who belongs to the same community.
The ruling party has decided to field former councillor Arvind Ladani from Keshod seat, a seat that was reserved for SCs for 35 years before being declared general post-delimitation.
On Gariyadhar seat, BJP has nominated its sitting MLA Keshu Nakrani to take on its rebel MLA from Mahuva Kanu Kalsaria, who has floated an outfit called Sadbhavna Manch and is himself contesting from Gariyadhar under its banner.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight