In 'most critical phase of career', Yuvraj Singh prepares to start from scratch
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
It wasn't just the sound of ball hitting the sweet spot on his bat that thrilled Yuvraj Singh. It was the movement of his feet and the body getting behind each ball thrown at him at the nets by his Punjab teammate and former India pacer VRV Singh that brought the smile back on Yuvraj's face.
In Chandigarh for a couple of days, Yuvraj was eager to make it count. After a phone call to the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, the "local" star drove down, hitting the gym before opting for a longish net session.
"I am feeling good," Yuvraj told The Indian Express in a chat just after batting, "I will get into the groove soon. I am at the most critical phase of my career and won't mind starting from the scratch."
Most present had seen Yuvraj pick up his earliest cricket lessons at the same ground and some compared his present fitness to that from seven or eight years ago. Yuvraj, fresh from a six-week fitness sojourn in France under noted trainer Tim Exeter, looked slimmer, fitter and stronger, and seemed to have won this round against his fitness.
"In the last 10 days of this year's IPL, I was not feeling fit. My back was hurting a lot. It was then that I decided to train under a professional coach outside India. Zaheer also wanted to do the same. After going through the options, we decided to train under Exeter in France. I wanted to train abroad in order to stay away from distractions and just focus on my fitness. Those six weeks were amazing and worked wonders for me. I am feeling fit and raring to go. Zaheer will extend his fitness regimen in South Africa in the coming weeks," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress