In Parkash Singh Badal-ruled Punjab, Akalis on rampage, thrash singer
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
A Punjabi singer was thrashed by some unknown persons allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis at a marriage function in Mohali, police said on Tuesday.
Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had went to attend a marriage party at the lawns of Punjab Cricket Association stadium at Mohali last night.
At the function some youths asked the singer to sing at the function, police said.
However, he refused to oblige saying he was at the function as a guest and not as a singer.
This infuriated the youths allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis who thrashed him.
Police said the guilty would not be spared at any cost.
Meanwhile, sources said the party was organised in connection with the marriage of a distant relative of an Akali leader Balwant Singh Ramoowalia.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held