In Parkash Singh Badal-ruled Punjab, Akalis on rampage, thrash singer
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A Punjabi singer was thrashed by some unknown persons allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis at a marriage function in Mohali, police said on Tuesday.
Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had went to attend a marriage party at the lawns of Punjab Cricket Association stadium at Mohali last night.
At the function some youths asked the singer to sing at the function, police said.
However, he refused to oblige saying he was at the function as a guest and not as a singer.
This infuriated the youths allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis who thrashed him.
Police said the guilty would not be spared at any cost.
Meanwhile, sources said the party was organised in connection with the marriage of a distant relative of an Akali leader Balwant Singh Ramoowalia.