In Parkash Singh Badal-ruled Punjab, Akalis on rampage, thrash singer
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
A Punjabi singer was thrashed by some unknown persons allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis at a marriage function in Mohali, police said on Tuesday.
Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had went to attend a marriage party at the lawns of Punjab Cricket Association stadium at Mohali last night.
At the function some youths asked the singer to sing at the function, police said.
However, he refused to oblige saying he was at the function as a guest and not as a singer.
This infuriated the youths allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis who thrashed him.
Police said the guilty would not be spared at any cost.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully