In Ponty Chadha’s final moments, Uttarakhand official by his side
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Sources said Namdhari, considered to be a close associate of Ponty, told Uttarakhand Police about his PSO's detention at Mehrauli police station
A team of Uttarakhand Police has been sent to Delhi to collect details on the alleged role of Sachin Tyagi, a security guard of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission's chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, in the Saturday shootout case that led to the killing of liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty and his brother Hardeep Chadha at a farmhouse in South Delhi.
Sources in Uttarakhand Police said Namdhari, considered to be a close associate of Ponty, had told Uttarakhand Police about Tyagi's detention at Mehrauli police station in South Delhi.
There have been reports that Namdhari was present at the farmhouse at the time of the shootout.
Director General of Police Satyabrat Bansal confirmed the departure of a police team. "We have no official information from Delhi Police regarding the detention of Sachin Tyagi. We have sent a police team to Delhi. I would also talk to the authorities concerned in Delhi Police to extend our help," Bansal told Newsline.
He said Tyagi had been part of Namdhari's security since 2010.
Asked about Namdhari's presence at the farmhouse, Bansal said Namdhari might have gone there in connection with business dealing with Chadha.
IG (Law and Order) R S Meena said Namdhari had contacted him on phone to inform about Tyagi's detention. "Tyagi carries a carbine," he said.
According to the initial information available with Uttarakhand Police, Tyagi fired three shots from his carbine on Saturday.
A source in Uttarakhand police said: "Chadha used Namdhari to enter the mining business in the state," a source in the police said. According to the source, Ponty had old connections in Uttarakhand. "Ponty's ancestral place is Ram Nagar in Nanital district. His family shifted to Moradabad in the early Sixties," the source said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress