In surprise Oscar appearance Michelle Obama Naeem Khan
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
US First Lady Michelle Obama chose to don a creation by eminent Indian-American designer Naeem Khan in her surprise Oscar appearance Sunday night.
The First Lady made an unannounced appearance to name the Best Picture winner - 'Argo' - live from the Diplomatic Room of the White House.
"The Academy Awards approached the First Lady about being a part of the ceremony. As a movie lover, she was honored to present the award and celebrate the artists who inspire us all especially our young people - with their passion, skill and imagination," said Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady.
In her appearance, the First Lady was wearing the same strapless silver design by Khan which she wore to the Governor's Dinner.
The Mumbai-born designer's client list boasts of celebrities including Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria, Leighton Meester and Brooke Shields