In surprise Oscar appearance Michelle Obama Naeem Khan
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
US First Lady Michelle Obama chose to don a creation by eminent Indian-American designer Naeem Khan in her surprise Oscar appearance Sunday night.
The First Lady made an unannounced appearance to name the Best Picture winner - 'Argo' - live from the Diplomatic Room of the White House.
"The Academy Awards approached the First Lady about being a part of the ceremony. As a movie lover, she was honored to present the award and celebrate the artists who inspire us all especially our young people - with their passion, skill and imagination," said Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady.
In her appearance, the First Lady was wearing the same strapless silver design by Khan which she wore to the Governor's Dinner.
The Mumbai-born designer's client list boasts of celebrities including Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria, Leighton Meester and Brooke Shields