In surprise Oscar appearance Michelle Obama Naeem Khan
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- PM Manmohan Singh dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
US First Lady Michelle Obama chose to don a creation by eminent Indian-American designer Naeem Khan in her surprise Oscar appearance Sunday night.
The First Lady made an unannounced appearance to name the Best Picture winner - 'Argo' - live from the Diplomatic Room of the White House.
"The Academy Awards approached the First Lady about being a part of the ceremony. As a movie lover, she was honored to present the award and celebrate the artists who inspire us all especially our young people - with their passion, skill and imagination," said Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady.
In her appearance, the First Lady was wearing the same strapless silver design by Khan which she wore to the Governor's Dinner.
The Mumbai-born designer's client list boasts of celebrities including Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria, Leighton Meester and Brooke Shields
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’