In the chaos, some orderly protests as well
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Pooja Singh, Lawyer
They climbed the barricades and broke some with lathis. They torched some of the barricades. Before we knew what was happening, they began hurling stones and mud at the police
Tanya Abraham, Delhi University student
A group of seven to eight policemen surrounded me and hit me till I collapsed. After that my friends brought me to the hospital.
Mayur Dhwaj, Protester
There were goons who were attacking police with bricks, stones and lathis. They attacked buses and smashed them. But there were several who were protesting peacefully, and police attacked them as well. The use of force was excessive
Anmol Sharma, Student of Hansraj College
Look at these hooligans. They have crushed a government vehicle and are starting a fire near it. They have broken the metal grills and are hurling the piece at us. Not just stones, they are also throwing bamboo sticks
A senior police officer on the spot