In the pipeline, a wellness centre for alternative medicine
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
A wellness centre will soon be built in the heart of the city. This centre will provide facilities related to alternative medicinal therapy, besides housing a spa. Delhi Tourism is planning to construct a wellness and recreation centre near Garden of Five Senses and has floated tenders requesting qualification of development for this project, which will be built on a public-private-partnership basis.
"We have 5.27 acres available at Said-ul-Ajaib, near Garden of Five Senses, where we plan to develop a wellness and recreation centre. Tenders inviting concessionaires have already been floated. We hope that the centre will help promote tourism in Delhi, similar to how alternate medicinal therapy has helped boost tourism in Kerala," a Delhi Tourism official said.
Air-conditioned rooms will also be provided at the centre along with special packages of different therapies for a nominal fee. Alternative medicine therapy such as ayurveda, acupuncture, reiki, reflexology, etc," the official said.
Regarding the operation of the project on a public-private partnership, an official said: "The concessionaire will operate and maintain the centre. We will provide them with the land required. The project is expected to cost Rs 25 crore and will take a year to complete, once all other formalities relating to financial and technical bids are completed."
There are plans to connect the centre with Garden of Five Senses. "The Garden of Five Senses is located adjacent to it. We will also look into whether the wellness centre can be connected to the garden area," the official said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'