Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges detected
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges across the country have come to the notice of the government which has taken several measures to curb such occurrences, Lok Sabha was informed today.
Show cause notices have been issued to all such erring medical colleges, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said in a written reply.
In some cases, the CBI has issued charge sheets and sent self-contained notes to the Medical Council of India for further action, he said.
The Minister said the MCI has also directed concerned authorities for removal of names of erring doctors from the Indian Medical Register.
The cases include some doctors who have been listed as faculty at medical colleges but do not actually teach there.
Azad said to prevent recurrence of such instances, the institutes found erring will not be considered for renewal of permission or recognition of MBBS and Postgraduate degree for two academic years under the Establishment of Medical College, Regulations, 1999.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness