Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges detected
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges across the country have come to the notice of the government which has taken several measures to curb such occurrences, Lok Sabha was informed today.
Show cause notices have been issued to all such erring medical colleges, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said in a written reply.
In some cases, the CBI has issued charge sheets and sent self-contained notes to the Medical Council of India for further action, he said.
The Minister said the MCI has also directed concerned authorities for removal of names of erring doctors from the Indian Medical Register.
The cases include some doctors who have been listed as faculty at medical colleges but do not actually teach there.
Azad said to prevent recurrence of such instances, the institutes found erring will not be considered for renewal of permission or recognition of MBBS and Postgraduate degree for two academic years under the Establishment of Medical College, Regulations, 1999.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages