Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges detected
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges across the country have come to the notice of the government which has taken several measures to curb such occurrences, Lok Sabha was informed today.
Show cause notices have been issued to all such erring medical colleges, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said in a written reply.
In some cases, the CBI has issued charge sheets and sent self-contained notes to the Medical Council of India for further action, he said.
The Minister said the MCI has also directed concerned authorities for removal of names of erring doctors from the Indian Medical Register.
The cases include some doctors who have been listed as faculty at medical colleges but do not actually teach there.
Azad said to prevent recurrence of such instances, the institutes found erring will not be considered for renewal of permission or recognition of MBBS and Postgraduate degree for two academic years under the Establishment of Medical College, Regulations, 1999.
Besides, faculty would be counted at medical colleges every year and details of teaching faculty received from different colleges would be put up on the MCI website for transparency, he said.