Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane, alleges MLA
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
With the central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete 'Aadhar' cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit today showed a number of 'Aadhar's cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders. Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the 'Aadhar' cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.