Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane, alleges MLA
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
With the central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete 'Aadhar' cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit today showed a number of 'Aadhar's cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders. Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the 'Aadhar' cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.