Incredible India show in Tokyo to attract Japanese tourists
- Arunachal: Nabam Tuki resigns paving way for selection of Pema Khandu as CLP leader
- Turkish military coup bid crumbles, 90 killed in violence, Erdogan returns
- Who is Fethullah Gulen: The cleric being blamed for Turkey coup attempt
- Man responsible for Nice carnage was an angry loner, had little interest in Islam
- State killing its own citizens self-injury of worst sort: IAS topper from Kashmir
Road shows will be held in Tokyo and Osaka to showcase Indian destinations in Japan as part of the Incredible India campaign to woo more tourists.
The two countries today decided to strengthen cooperation in the tourism sector.
"We have decided to strengthen cooperation in tourism sector with Japan. We also discussed possibilities of signing an MoU for this purpose and the modalities of the MoU are being worked out," Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi said after meeting Japan's Senior Vice-Minister of Tourism Hiroshi Kajiyama here.
It was also decided that both the countries will identify areas for working together and explore new opportunities in tourism sector especially in the field of human resource development, exchange of tour operators, investment in the tourism sector and exchange of information.
We also offered investment opportunities in hospitality sector to Japan as the government has allowed 100 per cent FDI in the sector, Chiranjeevi said.
India and Japan are important tourism markets to each other. Japan is one of the top ten tourist generating markets for India as for as inbound tourism is concerned. India has offered the Visa on Arrival facility to Japan since 2010.
The number Japanese tourists in 2008 was 1,45,352 in 2008, which rose to 1,93,525 in 2011.
There is a strong interest of Japanese tourists in places connected with Buddhism in India. JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) has extended loan of 7,331 million Japanese Yen (Rs 299 crore) for Development of Ajanta Ellora Conservation and Development Programme.
Tourism Ministry will be holding road shows in Tokyo on February 18 and February 20 in Osaka to attract Japanese tourists.
- Modi administration has everything going for it except the belief that it is capable of taking the moral high ground
- Childcare is a women’s issue. Could we hope to make it gender neutral?
- Islam might be blamed for the carnage in Nice
- It is a religious vision that seems to see itself as an agent of an apocalypse of some kind
- Game Of Deception
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality