Incursions by Chinese troops cannot be ruled out: A K Antony
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Against the backdrop of a fresh incident of incursion by Chinese troops, Defence Minister A K Antony on Monday said such incidents cannot be ruled out.
He, however, maintained that such issues were now resolved immediately in the wake of the signing of the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement between the two sides in October.
On the ongoing boundary resolution talks between the Special Representatives of the two countries, the Defence Minister said people should "not expect miracles" from them even though both sides have decided that till the time the issue is sorted out, they will resolve their issues amicably.
"Now our decision is to maintain peace and tranquility. Whenever any incident takes place, that possibility cannot be ruled out as the boundary is very long...both sides should come together and resolve its amicably," the Defence Minister said on the sidelines of the Vijay Diwas to mark Indian victory in the 1971 war with Pakistan.
He was asked to comment on the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and in the backdrop of Chinese troops recently apprehending five Indian nationals and returning them only after a flag meeting between the two sides.
On the incident, he said the Indians apprehended by PLA troops were civilians and not Army personnel and the matter was resolved amicably.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express