India asks Canada to liberalise its visa regime
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
where 50 per cent are below 25 years of age," Verma said.
India's economic fundamentals have remained strong with a regulated banking sector, high savings rate, a vibrant private sector and an economy largely driven by domestic demands, Verma said, adding India has introduced extensive reforms and liberalised to allow participation of external partners.
Inviting Canadian investment in the country, Verma said the government plans to invest over USD one trillion in next five years for infrastructure development alone.
"Of course there are other areas of growth in manufacturing, telecommunications and services sector too. Besides, retail sector was also opened to foreign investors," Verma said.