India colts thrash UAE by 189 runs in U-19 Asia Cup
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Left-handed opener Akhil Herwadkar scored a century as almost all the Indian batsmen scored runs in their crushing 189 run win over hosts United Arab Emirates in the opening game of the U-19 Asia Cup here today.
Batting first, India scored 320 for four with Herwadkar (101), Ankush Bains (77), Sanju Samson (65) and Ricky Bhui (54) contributing handsomely.
In reply, UAE were bowled out for 131 in 40.1 over with pacer Deepak Hooda (4/21) and off-spinner Aamir Gani (3/33) sharing bulk of the spoils. Left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav also took couple of wickets.
Bains and Herwadkar added 162 runs for the opening stand in 31 overs before the wicketkeeper-batsman was bowled by pacer Sajid Khan. Bains faced 85 deliveries for his 77 that had eight boundaries.
In-form skipper Vijay Zol (1) didn't fire this time as pacer Pankaj Prakash had him caught by Chirag Suri.
Samson was at his attacking best as he scored 65 off only 47 balls with eight fours and two big sixes.
Samson-Herwadkar took the score to 195 as the Mumbai youngster completed his century and then got out. Medium pacer Shorye Chopra dismissed him caught by Mooaaz Qazi.
Herwadkar's 101 came off 121 balls with 10 fours and a six. Samson and Bhui then stepped up the rate scoring 111 in only 12.1 overs. Bhui was in punishing mood as his 38-ball54 not out had five fours and two sixes.
Chasing a target of 321 was out of question and it was proved that none of the UAE batsmen crossed the 30-run mark with Chirag Suri (26) and Dan D'Souza (25) crossing the individual score of 20.
Brief Scores: India U-19 320/4 (Akhil Herwadkar 101, Ankush Bains 77, Sanju Samson 65, Ricky Bhui 54)
UAE 131 in 40.1 overs (Deepak Hooda 4/21, Aamir Gani 3/33). India won by 189 runs. Points India u-19: 2; UAE U-19 0.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express