India Finance Conference to be held at IIM Ahmedabad on December 18 and 19
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) will play host to the third edition of the India Finance Conference (IFC) which is scheduled to be held between December 18-19. The conference is being organised jointly by IIM-A, IIM-Bangalore and IIM-Calcutta.
Nearly 100 academics, researchers, and practitioners from India and abroad are expected to present papers during the event, stated a release from the institute here on Monday.
The inaugural address will be delivered by Professor Ravi Jagannathan, Professor of Finance, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. This would be followed by a keynote address on "Getting Better – Learning to Invest in an Emerging Stock Market" by Professor Tarun Ramadorai, Saďd Business School, University of Oxford.
The second day will have Professor Kose John, Professor of Banking and Finance, NYU Stern School of Business, New York University deliver the keynote address on the topic "Risk and Governance in Corporations and Banks".
The event includes technical sessions on Asset Pricing, Corporate Governance, Corporate Finance, Market Linkages, Market Microstructure and Derivatives & Regulation.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties