India Gate right place to build war memorial: A K Antony
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
The Defence Ministry has been pushing for construction of the memorial near India Gate which is a memorial for soldiers killed in action during the First World War.
In view of the demand of the armed forces, the government had set up the GoM in 2009 which was headed by Pranab Mukherjee before he became the President.
In reply to a query on the proposals cleared by the Cabinet to enhance pensions of ex-servicemen, Antony said the orders in this regard would be issued by next month which would enhance their pension by Rs 2,300 crore."
"Five orders are to be issued of which three have been cleared by the Finance Ministry. I think we would be able to issue all the orders by new year.Government has twice enhanced the pension at the cost of Rs 4,500 crore in the recent past,"
- Candidates’ wives prefer to be known by husband’s nickname
- A year on, ‘serial molester’ in police net
- Raakhi Birla’s road show fails to stir locals
- Rights panel bars school from forcing out student for ‘misbehaviour’
- Force India out to prove podium was no fluke
- Mohali openers involved in record 587-run partnership