India Gate right place to build war memorial: A K Antony
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Merger with CPI on cards: CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 24 dead, 28 rescued from Mediterranean migrant boat
The Defence Ministry has been pushing for construction of the memorial near India Gate which is a memorial for soldiers killed in action during the First World War.
In view of the demand of the armed forces, the government had set up the GoM in 2009 which was headed by Pranab Mukherjee before he became the President.
In reply to a query on the proposals cleared by the Cabinet to enhance pensions of ex-servicemen, Antony said the orders in this regard would be issued by next month which would enhance their pension by Rs 2,300 crore."
"Five orders are to be issued of which three have been cleared by the Finance Ministry. I think we would be able to issue all the orders by new year.Government has twice enhanced the pension at the cost of Rs 4,500 crore in the recent past,"