India Inc raised USD 1.93 billion from abroad in Oct
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Indian companies raised USD 1.93 billion from overseas markets in October through external commercial borrowings and foreign currency convertible bonds, according to RBI data.
In September, the domestic firms had raised USD 3.35 billion from abroad.
As many as 52 Indian companies raised money from external sources in October, of which USD 719.52 million was raised through automatic route for which no approval is required from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) or the government. While, 12 firms raised a total of USD 1.21 billion through approval route.
Under the approval route, Bharat Petroleum Corporation raised USD 500 million for working capital requirement, Tata Chemicals and Tata Sons raised USD 190 million and USD 150 million respectively for refinancing of earlier external commercial borrowings (ECB).
Bhushan Power & Steel raised USD 114.82 million for refinancing of earlier loan, while Air India raised USD 95 million for imports of capital goods.
Under the automatic route, Bhushan Power & Steel raised USD 232.05 million for import of capital goods, Bharat Forge and Bharat Oman Refineries raised USD 120 million and USD 70 million respectively for refinancing of earlier ECBs.
Among others, Renew Wind Energy (Devgarh) raised USD 48 million for its power projects, Torrent Pharmaceuticals USD 45 million for rupee expenditure.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today