India Inc upbeat on RBI's banking licence guidelines
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
"We intend to apply for a banking licence," said, Ajay Srinivasan, chief executive, financial services, Aditya Birla Group. "This is a key milestone that promises to not only provide an impetus to the Indian financial services industry, but also usher a new era of financial inclusion in the country. The Aditya Birla Group remains committed to meeting all financial needs of its target customer. Towards this strategy, banking will play a key role."
Gagan Banga CEO, Indiabulls Financial Services said that they are still studying the guidelines.